The 400 acre Mianus River Park straddles the towns of Stamford and Greenwich and is owned jointly by them. We hiked here last year but this time we will be attempting a different, more interesting trail. We will hike approximately 4.5 miles and, starting at 10am, be done by about 12.30 pm.
As usual, participation from spouses, significant others and friends is welcome.
The hike will be followed by lunch at a Stamford restaurant (optional).
Date : Friday, December 4, 2015
Time : 10 am
Meeting Point: Parking lot at the Stamford entrance of the Mianus River Park on Merriebrook Lane, off Westover Road
Parking. : lower level, just below the large red cabin on the right side of Merriebrook
Website for directions and trail map: www.friendsofmianusriverpark.org.
You can also search Merriebrook Lane in Stamford on Google Maps for directions or follow these directions:
- Heading towards NYC on the Merritt take exit 33 on to Den Road.
- Then take the first left onto Bangall Road and a
- Left again on to Riverbank Rd. This turns slightly right and becomes Westover Road.
- After 1.2 miles, make a right on to Merriebrook Lane (careful, it’s easy to miss this turn).
- The park entrance is at the end of Merriebrook.
Contact. : Sunil Saksena.
mailto: ssaksena firstname.lastname@example.org.